Zag Plays Japanese Jazz Records | My Analog Journal
Nothing is better than listening to the music from My Analog Journal, with this video featuring Japanese Jazz records. As said in the description, MAJ host Zag plays a selection of his Japanese Jazz records. Specifically from the legendary Japanese label Three Blind Mice at the Mastersounds headquarters located in Stockport, Manchester.
TBM releases are known for its audiophile sound quality. Without a doubt, with the amazingly high-quality gear in the Mastersounds HQ, it was the perfect location to showcase these beautiful releases. Massive shoutout to Ryan for inviting us.
Three Blind Mice is a jazz record label founded in June 1970 as a showcase for Japan’s emerging jazz performers. It has produced more than 130 albums that have been released since. Produced by Takeshi Fujii and often recorded by the Yoshihiko Kannari, TBM created jazz records by Japanese players since the 1970s and became known for its audiophile sound quality.
TBM’s records captured a very important, vibrant era in the development of Japanese jazz. Stars like Isao Suzuki, Tsuyoshi Yamamoto, George Kawaguchi, Terumasa Hino, and Mari Nakamoto recorded their very first albums with the label. Artists also include Shuko Mizuno’s “Jazz Orchestra ’73”, Toshiyuko Miyama, and Masaru Imada.
Most Viewed Posts
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time (20,392)
- 25 Best Ambient Albums of All Time According to Reddit (6,353)
- Comparing Mixes: The Steve Albini Mix Of Nirvana’s All Apologies (5,311)
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz (4,824)
- Essential Music Review YouTube Channels (4,011)
- GREAT Turntables 2023 – Best Record Player for Beginners May 1, 2023
- Thom Yorke – After the Gold Rush March 1, 2023
- Best Albums Of 2023 So Far – February 2023 February 5, 2023
- The Joy Of Receiving Music Recommendations January 24, 2023
- Songs On Repeat January 16, 2023