Was Punk Rock Born in Peru? – Los Saicos – Noisey Specials
Usually, when people bring up the early beginnings of punk rock, they tend to bring up groups like The Ramones or the Sex Pistols. As monumental as these bands were on the genre, what if punk rock was actually born much earlier?
Los Saicos is one of punk’s best-kept secrets, as the group was the original Peruvian proto-punks. After storming onto the Peruvian music scene, Los Saicos existed for only a year or so but left a lasting influence on the sound of the 1960s and future punk to come. Above is a video from Noisey that details the group’s history, check it out!
Most Viewed Posts
- Records from Poland | My Analog Journal March 7, 2021
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021