Understanding the Avalanches: Since I Left You | Volksgeist
Since forming in 1997, the Australian electronic music group The Avalanches came to fruition in the limelight after their 2000 critically acclaimed record Since I Left You. Although the group wouldn’t come out for another release for 16 years, the cult-like following brought on by Since I Left You catapulted them into the popularity surrounding Plunderphonics, Dance, and Hip Hop.
If you’re interested in learning more about the group, consider watching the video above from Volksgeist, as the video details the Avalanches beginning leading up to Since I Left You. I highly recommend diving into the Avalanches if you haven’t before. They’re an immaculate group that pushed the envelope on Dance and sampled music in general. Check it out!
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
The Story of Radiohead's Best SongFebruary 9, 2021
Most Viewed Posts
- Sunset Drive | Jazzy Beats | 1 Hour Playlist August 3, 2022
- An Analysis of OK Computer July 26, 2022
- Track Highlight | Lesley Duncan – Love Song July 26, 2022
- Order My Bands Debut 12″ | SPACED – Spaced Jams July 24, 2022
- Live Music Recommendations #71 – Neutral Milk Hotel – 10/31/1997 Halloween Party Athens, GA July 21, 2022