Understanding the Avalanches: Since I Left You | Volksgeist
Since forming in 1997, the Australian electronic music group The Avalanches came to fruition in the limelight after their 2000 critically acclaimed record Since I Left You. Although the group wouldn’t come out for another release for 16 years, the cult-like following brought on by Since I Left You catapulted them into the popularity surrounding Plunderphonics, Dance, and Hip Hop.
If you’re interested in learning more about the group, consider watching the video above from Volksgeist, as the video details the Avalanches beginning leading up to Since I Left You. I highly recommend diving into the Avalanches if you haven’t before. They’re an immaculate group that pushed the envelope on Dance and sampled music in general. Check it out!
The Story of Radiohead's Best SongFebruary 9, 2021
Most Viewed Posts
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021