Track Highlight | Lesley Duncan – Love Song
I recently watched the film Men and fell in love with its soundtrack, particularly the song Love Song by Lesley Duncan. The track gained popularity in 1970 after Elton John recorded a duet with Duncan of the song for his album Tumbleweed Connection.
A few years later, Duncan appeared onstage with John at the Royal Festival Hall on May 18, 1974, to perform the duet, and the live recording was included on John’s Here and There album. Regardless, Duncan’s version and John’s rendition are incredible, and I can’t wait to dive into more of Duncan’s discography.
From what I’ve read online, Duncan was an English singer-songwriter best known for her work during the 1970s. She received airplay on British radio stations, including BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2 but never achieved great commercial success as so many great artists don’t for whatever reason.
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
Most Viewed Posts
- Sunset Drive | Jazzy Beats | 1 Hour Playlist August 3, 2022
- An Analysis of OK Computer July 26, 2022
- Track Highlight | Lesley Duncan – Love Song July 26, 2022
- Order My Bands Debut 12″ | SPACED – Spaced Jams July 24, 2022
- Live Music Recommendations #71 – Neutral Milk Hotel – 10/31/1997 Halloween Party Athens, GA July 21, 2022