Track Highlight | Lesley Duncan – Love Song
I recently watched the film Men and fell in love with its soundtrack, particularly the song Love Song by Lesley Duncan. The track gained popularity in 1970 after Elton John recorded a duet with Duncan of the song for his album Tumbleweed Connection.
A few years later, Duncan appeared onstage with John at the Royal Festival Hall on May 18, 1974, to perform the duet, and the live recording was included on John’s Here and There album. Regardless, Duncan’s version and John’s rendition are incredible, and I can’t wait to dive into more of Duncan’s discography.
From what I’ve read online, Duncan was an English singer-songwriter best known for her work during the 1970s. She received airplay on British radio stations, including BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2 but never achieved great commercial success as so many great artists don’t for whatever reason.
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
Most Viewed Posts
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time (14,503)
- 25 Best Ambient Albums of All Time According to Reddit (3,905)
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz (3,704)
- Essential Music Review YouTube Channels (3,129)
- Comparing Mixes: The Steve Albini Mix Of Nirvana’s All Apologies (3,087)
- Live Music Recommendations #75 – Sons of Kemet Full Set | From The Basement November 26, 2022
- RADIOHEAD: A Job That Slowly Kills You November 23, 2022
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World Playing in an Empty Mall November 14, 2022
- Live Music Recommendations #74 – Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah | Nihon Seinenkan | Tokyo, Japan | 1/31/1995 November 8, 2022
- Compiling My Best Albums of 2022 List November 7, 2022