The Synthetic Terror of Yorgos Lanthimos
As much as I love touring and playing gigs, the only downside is my movie intake is significantly mitigated. Thus, I thought I’d share a fascinating video discussing the synthetic terror of Yorgos Lanthimos. Lanthimos is one of my favorite modern filmmakers, with The Lobster, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, and The Favourite being near masterpieces in my opinion.
Spikima Movies has a great video on Lanthimos and why his work is so distinctive, highlighting his work as a bit of novelty we normally don’t experience. I plan on seeing some of Lanthimos’s earlier work this week, and I can’t wait. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Dogtooth and very little brings me more joy than a great film.
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
Most Viewed Posts
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time (14,503)
- 25 Best Ambient Albums of All Time According to Reddit (3,913)
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz (3,704)
- Essential Music Review YouTube Channels (3,129)
- Comparing Mixes: The Steve Albini Mix Of Nirvana’s All Apologies (3,087)
- Live Music Recommendations #75 – Sons of Kemet Full Set | From The Basement November 26, 2022
- RADIOHEAD: A Job That Slowly Kills You November 23, 2022
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World Playing in an Empty Mall November 14, 2022
- Live Music Recommendations #74 – Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah | Nihon Seinenkan | Tokyo, Japan | 1/31/1995 November 8, 2022
- Compiling My Best Albums of 2022 List November 7, 2022