The Joy Of Receiving Music Recommendations
Happy Tuesday. I hope your week isn’t going by too slowly and have something interesting to look forward to. For this week’s blog, I thought I’d touch on the joy of receiving a music recommendation from someone, specifically when it’s something you enjoy.
I love recommending albums and artists to friends, acquaintances, or randoms on the internet. There’s something oddly satisfying about recommending an album for someone and for that person to give you feedback on what they thought about the record or track. Even if it’s not good feedback, there’s a lot of happiness with music talk, at least for me.
For myself, I’ve recently been recommended the artists Michael Nau and Disasterpiece. In Nau’s case, it’s the 2017 record Some Twist—a mellow and warm singer-songwriter baroque pop record—and with Disasterpiece, it’s the 2016 video game soundtrack for Hyper Light Drifter—an ethereal and melancholic ambient soundtrack.
I’m delighted by both recommendations since I love what I hear and was unfamiliar with both artists. There’s nothing better than diving into an artist for the first time, and much of that comes with recommendations. Hence, I’m always on the internet looking for new albums to digest.
Most Viewed Posts
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time (20,392)
- 25 Best Ambient Albums of All Time According to Reddit (6,353)
- Comparing Mixes: The Steve Albini Mix Of Nirvana’s All Apologies (5,311)
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz (4,824)
- Essential Music Review YouTube Channels (4,011)
- GREAT Turntables 2023 – Best Record Player for Beginners May 1, 2023
- Thom Yorke – After the Gold Rush March 1, 2023
- Best Albums Of 2023 So Far – February 2023 February 5, 2023
- The Joy Of Receiving Music Recommendations January 24, 2023
- Songs On Repeat January 16, 2023