The Blue Album vs. Pinkerton Debate
I recently viewed Anthony Fantano’s debate with Billy Cobb over Weezer’s Blue Album vs. Pinkerton. Considering these two records are my two favorites by Weezer and the only ones from the group that are in my usual rotation, a video debating which is better immediately interested me.
Personally, I love the rawness and lower quality mix of Pinkerton, its odd lyricism, and overall track-list. I do have a strong appreciation for Blue Album though. After all, it’s their first album and has some of their classics with My Name is Jonas, Buddy Holly, Undone – The Sweater Song, Say It Ain’t So, and Only in Dreams.
I suppose I’m the annoying hipster-type who prefers the record that has fewer singles and a worse overall mix. Doesn’t make much sense, but hey, I’m being honest. Regardless, both are great albums and staples of alternative music in general. Listen to them if you haven’t already.
RIP Norm Macdonald, a Comedy GeniusSeptember 16, 2021
Most Viewed Posts
- Live Music Recommendations #64 – Soundgarden 7/22/92 Bremerton, WA “Lollapalooza” October 22, 2021
- Saz Beats: Organic Turkish Anatolian Grooves | My Analog Journal October 21, 2021
- Thelonious Monk – Monk’s Dream (Full Album) / Biography October 20, 2021
- Halloween Kills OST Vinyl Playback October 19, 2021
- Guest Mix: Afro Cuban Jazz & Guaguanco from New York with Lex Blondin | My Analog Journal October 18, 2021