The Beauty Of Terrence Malick
You can’t discuss the notion of an auteur filmmaker without bringing up Terrence Malick. Malick’s films investigate subjects like transcendence, nature, and clashes between reason and intuition. They are ordinarily set apart by comprehensive philosophical otherworldly themes and the utilization of reflective voice-overs from individual characters.
The Beauty Of has a great video discussing the filmmaker’s work and the beauty (hence the name) in his films. Though Malick’s vision doesn’t always work out throughout his filmography, I’d argue no one could’ve made The Tree Of Life or The Thin Red Line. Few films have put me in a trance as these two films did.
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
Most Viewed Posts
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time (14,503)
- 25 Best Ambient Albums of All Time According to Reddit (3,905)
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz (3,704)
- Essential Music Review YouTube Channels (3,129)
- Comparing Mixes: The Steve Albini Mix Of Nirvana’s All Apologies (3,087)
- Live Music Recommendations #75 – Sons of Kemet Full Set | From The Basement November 26, 2022
- RADIOHEAD: A Job That Slowly Kills You November 23, 2022
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World Playing in an Empty Mall November 14, 2022
- Live Music Recommendations #74 – Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah | Nihon Seinenkan | Tokyo, Japan | 1/31/1995 November 8, 2022
- Compiling My Best Albums of 2022 List November 7, 2022