The Beauty Of A New Album
Some days feel longer than others, patiently waiting for the day to turn to the next, hoping for a bit of excitement to remove the dread. Thankfully, I have the beauty of a new music release to give me a sense of euphoria every week. Favorite artists, arbitrarily stumbling into a new record, highly-reviewed records, Reddit discussed albums; all a central makeup of my weekly album intake.
There is nothing better than hearing an album for the first time. An album that could potentially hold your favorite track or be a compilation of songs that feel like a complete waste of time. The separate end of the spectrum is what makes the subjectivity of music so special. What I might enjoy can be another person’s least favorite album.
If you’re someone who fancies themselves to have a very specific music taste, consider branching out. As much of a hipster notion as that might seem, it truly is a life-changing experience. Early on, I strictly listened to classic rock and eventually branched out to cliche pop-punk in high school. After high school is when I realized the beauty in having a wider range of music appreciation.
Obviously, me listening to as much music as I can doesn’t make me any better than someone who only listens to one artist. I just think there’s a value in digesting music that’s out of the ordinary and not a part of your favorite genre. Regardless of this pointless rant discussing the benefit of having a wide music taste, there is merit in every new album that’s released—cherish it.
Most Viewed Posts
- Live Music Recommendations #64 – Soundgarden 7/22/92 Bremerton, WA “Lollapalooza” October 22, 2021
- Saz Beats: Organic Turkish Anatolian Grooves | My Analog Journal October 21, 2021
- Thelonious Monk – Monk’s Dream (Full Album) / Biography October 20, 2021
- Halloween Kills OST Vinyl Playback October 19, 2021
- Guest Mix: Afro Cuban Jazz & Guaguanco from New York with Lex Blondin | My Analog Journal October 18, 2021