Minnesota Hardcore: Hüsker Dü, The Fastest Band In The World
Few bands are as essential as Hüsker Dü to a specific genre of music. Whether you ask iconic bands like Pixies, Nirvana, the Foo Fighters, Metallica, or Green Day, all of them share the commonality of being inspired by Hüsker Dü. With this in mind, below is an excellent documentary from Twin Cities PBS discussing the group’s history.
As said by Twin Cities PBS, Hüsker Dü began when Greg Norton met Grant Hart at a record store in West St. Paul. Bob Mould would go to a Ramones show and the power trio is born. The band creates a label, Reflex records, and soon bond with Dead Kennedys frontman, Jello Biafra. The Huskers put out the first Minnesota hardcore vinyl, Land Speed Record.
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat.
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
Rolling Stone's Top 200 Rap AlbumsJune 10, 2022
Musica Brasileira with Tim Garcia June 10, 2022
Most Viewed Posts
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time (17,002)
- 25 Best Ambient Albums of All Time According to Reddit (4,986)
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz (4,083)
- Comparing Mixes: The Steve Albini Mix Of Nirvana’s All Apologies (3,901)
- Essential Music Review YouTube Channels (3,467)
- Thom Yorke – After the Gold Rush March 1, 2023
- Best Albums Of 2023 So Far – February 2023 February 5, 2023
- The Joy Of Receiving Music Recommendations January 24, 2023
- Songs On Repeat January 16, 2023
- Logging Movies – What I’ve Watched So Far This Year January 9, 2023