Mac DeMarco and the Age of Indie Music During the Digital Age
Roughly a year ago, PBS NewsHour did a story on Mac DeMarco and his ability to be a successful Indie artist during the digital age. The modern medium for achieving music success is constantly changing, with many feeling captive to the technological landscape behind music promotion. Still, the modern era hasn’t stopped an artist like Mac DeMarco from achieving the success he’s had.
Although the news documentary above is a bit more dated toward the news side of things, it’s still a great piece on how DeMarco got to where he is. It’s interesting to see how someone dubbed the laid-back prince of Indie can achieve the amount of success he’s had today. From my perspective, talent will always burst forward, no matter how much the digital age takes over from the traditional sense.
Most Viewed Posts
- Records from Poland | My Analog Journal March 7, 2021
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021