Live Music Recommendations #8 – Rush – Live in Rio 2003
As far as rock and progressive rock music are concerned, it’s hard to find a better group than Rush. Since Neil Peart’s passing in January this year, I found myself diving back into Rush’s discography. Considering they were one of my favorite bands growing up, it was nostalgic and a breathe of familiar air, to say the least.
This Live Music Recommendation features a performance by Rush in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from their Vapor Trails tour in 2003. From an energy perspective, this is one of the best crowds I’ve ever seen at a Rush concert. Aside from the crowd, the group kills it as usual.
YYZ and La Villa Strangiato are my favorite tracks from this show and it’s a reminder of how incredible the group was. Definitely give it a watch and listen to Rush’s discography if you haven’t already.
Most Viewed Posts
- Records from Poland | My Analog Journal March 7, 2021
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021