Live Music Recommendations #32 – Frank Ocean – Live on SNL (2012)
Frank Ocean is one of the most enthralling artists in the modern Avante-Garde and R&B spectrum, with his 2016 release Blonde being one of my favorite records from the last ten years. If you’re a fan of Ocean, you know how rare it is for him to perform live or be in the public eye. Still, there are a number of performances from Ocean if you can look hard enough.
Above is a 2012 performance from Ocean on SNL performing Thinking Bout You from his 2012 release Channel Orange. Besides Thinking Bout You, Ocean also performed Pyramids on SNL during the performance. As expected, Ocean’s vocal and delivery are spot-on, and his band plays a crucial foundation for him to really shine. John Mayer is also performing with Ocean and his band, adding his signature blues and pop-infused guitar playing. Overall, it’s one of the best SNL performances I’ve ever seen.
John Lennon On Why The Beatles Ended | The Dick Cavett ShowNovember 16, 2020
How 'The Mandalorian' Score Found The New 'Star Wars' Sound November 16, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021