Live Music Recommendations #30 – Thom Yorke – Everything in Its Right Place – Radio 1 Piano Sessions
Dialed back shows have always been an interest of mine, especially to see how a particular artist can do a rendition of one of their tracks. Usually, a dialed-back session demonstrates an intriguing showing of the musicianship associated with an artist. Of course, my preference tends to favor the full-on live version of a track, but acoustic or piano-induced sessions serve a compelling purpose.
With this dialed back ordeal in mind, I chose a Radio 1 Piano Session from Thom Yorke. Yorke performs a much faster yet subtler version of Everything in its Right Place, the opening track to Radiohead’s 2000 album, Kid A. Not only is this performance compelling from the perspective of seeing a pure piano version of this tune, but how much faster Yorke performs it compared to the studio version. Give it a listen and leave a comment below if you feel so inclined.
Looking Back at Pink Floyd's 1971 Performance in PompeiiNovember 2, 2020
A Look at the Black Sabbath Sound November 2, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021
- The Rise of Slowthai | Volksgeist March 1, 2021
- Live Music Recommendations #46 – Gleemer on Audiotree Live (Full Session) February 28, 2021