Live Music Recommendations #28 – Miley Cyrus – Live from Whisky a Go Go
Recently, I saw a video of Miley Cyrus performing Zombie by The Cranberries at the Save Our Stages Fest from the Whisky a Go Go in Los Angeles. This performance was trending on Twitter for an entire day, and rightfully so, as Cyrus and her band absolutely crushed Zombie. Cyrus also did a cover of Boys Don’t Cry by The Cure and played her original tune, Midnight Sky, during the 15-minute set.
Save Our Stages Fest is a three-day virtual benefit festival with artists and organizations rallying to the aid of independent music venues at risk of closing their doors permanently. Featuring original performances and commentary from diverse talent across genres and shot live at iconic indie stages, #SOSFest aims to preserve our nation’s independent live music venues. The festival is raising funds for NIVA’s Emergency Relief Fund, where any member organization can apply for support.
Most Viewed Posts
- Records from Poland | My Analog Journal March 7, 2021
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021