Live Music Recommendations #23 – Mac Miller: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert
Mac Miller is one of those artists that represent musical growth and expansion most artists aren’t able to achieve. To be honest, I got into Mac’s music after he had already died, and it’s a shame I didn’t sooner. Whether you’re looking at some of Mac’s earlier work or his posthumous record Circles, all of it is a documentation of how Mac grew and developed into one of the most influential artists of the 21st century.
To keep Mac’s legacy alive and well, this Live Music Recommendations features a performance of his NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert. For those who don’t know, the Tiny Desk Concert series is a live concert series featuring artists performing some of their material stripped back. Think of it as a modern twist on MTV unplugged, but more intimate and with a wide range of artists.
Mac’s performance on this is one of his best and is arguably one of the greatest Tiny Desk concerts in existence. It’s a shame Mac died so young, but like all great artists who have gone too soon, his memory won’t fade no matter how much time goes by. Take a look at the concert and be sure to give this a thorough listen.
Sonic Youth Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of 'Washing Machine'September 29, 2020
How Many Bad Songs Does it Take for an Album to be a Bad Record? September 29, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021
- The Rise of Slowthai | Volksgeist March 1, 2021
- Live Music Recommendations #46 – Gleemer on Audiotree Live (Full Session) February 28, 2021
- Japanese Indie Rock While Running a Marathon February 27, 2021
- The Genius of Sunny Day Real Estate February 26, 2021