Live Music Recommendations #20 – Code Orange – Under the Skin
Code Orange is one of the most prominent and notable metal bands of the 21st century. Since forming in 2008, the group has progressed unlike most bands in the genre, adding elements of industrial hardcore, glitch-noise, and experimental metal most bands typically don’t venture too far into nowadays.
The group has outdone themselves yet again with a fully acoustic performance of several of their tracks, including a cover of Down in a Hole by Alice in Chains. The live performance is on-point, as you can expect, with haunting melodies and acoustic tones reminiscent of the grunge-era MTV unplugged. To differentiate themselves from MTV unplugged, there’s a fusion of visual films accompanied by the live footage of the performance.
Overall, it’s interesting to see a gothic-folk and eerie acoustic version of Code Orange tunes, especially when they venture off into an Alice in Chains song. Can’t praise this performance enough, and is surely worth the watch or two, especially if you’re a fan of previous MTV unplugged concerts.
St. Vincent - Guitar Moves (Noisey)September 18, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021
- The Rise of Slowthai | Volksgeist March 1, 2021