John McLaughlin and The 4th Dimension Collection (2010-2014)
I was fortunate enough the other day to stumble upon Bitches Brew by Miles Davis on vinyl at a reasonable price. I immediately purchased it and while reading the back of it, I discovered John McLaughlin played guitar on it. I had absolutely no idea he was the genius behind the guitar on the record, and I suppose we all learn something new every day.
For those that don’t know, John McLaughlin is a pioneer of jazz fusion, as his music combines elements of jazz with rock, world music, Indian classical music, Western classical music, flamenco, and blues. Some of my favorite pieces are his guitar work on Miles Davis’s In a Silent Way, Bitches Brew, Jack Johnson, and On the Corner. Above is a video featuring McLaughlin’s 4th dimension collection, check it out!
Most Viewed Posts
- Back From Vacation, Plans for the Future May 16, 2021
- 90’s Midwest Emo Doomer Playlist May 15, 2021
- Live Music Recommendations #55 – Radiohead – Live in Montreal (July 2016) May 14, 2021
- Sharon Van Etten – Don’t Do It (Live from Zebulon) May 13, 2021
- Live Music Recommendations #55 – Better Oblivion Community Center: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert May 12, 2021