John Lennon Released Iconic ‘Imagine’ 50 Years Ago Today
50 years ago on this day, John Lennon’s album Imagine along with its visionary title track was released. It’s challenging to find a more influential artist, especially in the rock spectrum, than Lennon. Although Lennon was a polarizing figure (rightfully so) for much of the damage he did in his relationships and family, his music will live on and continue to inspire others for years to come.
Imagine was the second studio album from Lennon, originally released in 1971 by Apple Records. The album embraced a luxuriant sound that contrasts the basic and small-group arrangements of his first album, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band. Its opening title track is widely considered to be his signature song. Now with it being 50 years since it was released, let’s remember Lennon’s legacy by spinning Imagine today.
Alone and Peace | Beautiful Ambient MixSeptember 9, 2021
Most Viewed Posts
- Modest Mouse – Creating The Casket September 21, 2021
- Live Music Recommendations #62 – Jon Stewart Show – Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy” September 20, 2021
- Avant-Garde and Experimental Music Playlist September 19, 2021
- [Playlist] vintage evening w you | jazz September 18, 2021
- Post Prom Release Immaculate and Emotionally Catchy Debut Album ‘Who You Pretend To Be’ September 17, 2021