In Conversation with Thurston Moore | The Great Escape Festival 2019 | Fender
Noise-rock and experimental rock, in general, wouldn’t be where it is today without the stylings of Sonic Youth. Since forming in 1981, Sonic Youth developed into an iconic noise and alternative rock sound since their debut record Confusion is Sex. Throughout their 30 year history, the group released 14 full-length studio albums, many of which are stepping stones in music history for their unique and innovative sound not many bands were doing at the time.
The conversation above is with vocalist and guitarist of Sonic Youth, Thurston Moore. It’s a fascinating conversation that details Moore’s discovery of guitar, his alternative tunings, and where he’s at with music now. There’s an overload of information related to Moore and Sonic Youth that any music fanatic of the two should absolutely watch. Even if you’re not super into Sonic Youth’s discography, the conversation and guitar insight is compelling enough for any person to check out.
5 Essential Shoegaze AlbumsSeptember 15, 2020
The Joy of the Guitar Riff - My Bloody Valentine / Kevin Shields September 15, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Records from Poland | My Analog Journal March 7, 2021
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021