How Woodstock 99′ Erupted Into Chaos
If you know anything about some important aspects of music history, then you more than likely are aware of the utter chaos attached to Woodstock 99’. As great as festivals like this are for the longevity of live music, you can’t deny the truly awful details and stories from Woodstock 99’. Above, is a video that details how a peaceful performance in Rome, NY turned into insanity soon after.
So, what caused Woodstock ’99 to become such a low point in music history? The biggest issues attached to the matter were harsh summer heat, jacked-up prices, violent party crashers, and a lack of logistical oversight. When more than 220,000 people arrived in Oneida County that weekend, no one – especially the festival’s organizers – were prepared for what was about to happen. Be sure to watch the video above for a deeper analysis of this day in music history and what it means for the legacy of Woodstock.
Mac DeMarco and the Age of Indie Music During the Digital AgeOctober 30, 2020
Vinyl Rewind's Spooky Soundtracks by Waxwork Records October 30, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021