How Woodstock 99′ Erupted Into Chaos
If you know anything about some important aspects of music history, then you more than likely are aware of the utter chaos attached to Woodstock 99’. As great as festivals like this are for the longevity of live music, you can’t deny the truly awful details and stories from Woodstock 99’. Above, is a video that details how a peaceful performance in Rome, NY turned into insanity soon after.
So, what caused Woodstock ’99 to become such a low point in music history? The biggest issues attached to the matter were harsh summer heat, jacked-up prices, violent party crashers, and a lack of logistical oversight. When more than 220,000 people arrived in Oneida County that weekend, no one – especially the festival’s organizers – were prepared for what was about to happen. Be sure to watch the video above for a deeper analysis of this day in music history and what it means for the legacy of Woodstock.
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
Mac DeMarco and the Age of Indie Music During the Digital AgeOctober 30, 2020
Vinyl Rewind's Spooky Soundtracks by Waxwork Records October 30, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Give Yourself Permission to be Creative | Ethan Hawke September 19, 2022
- Snapcase Warped Tour 1997 Buffalo September 15, 2022
- In One – Sour Yellow State 7″ – 1993 | Music Recommendations September 10, 2022
- Foo Fighters ft. Shane Hawkins – My Hero | MTV September 5, 2022
- Live Music Recommendations #72 | Metallica – Ride the Lightning (Buffalo, NY – August 11, 2022) September 2, 2022