Guest Mix: Records from Lebanon with Ernesto Chahoud | My Analog Journal
From My Analog Journal:
Ernesto Chahoud is a DJ, compiler, music researcher, and radio host, with monthly shows on NTS, Totally Wired, and Radio Alhara. He co-founded the Beirut Groove Collective, a decade-old vinyl DJ collective that runs one of Beirut’s hippest weekly parties, the BGC All-Nighter, where obscure 1960s and 1970s clubbing records from around the world can be heard.
A serious record collector, Chahoud has one of the largest vinyl collections in the Middle East. Specializing in Arabic and Ethiopian music, his taste for little-known gems and obscure dancefloor stompers for his DJ box has taken him on digging trips around the world, from Addis Ababa to Cairo. In this special guest mix, he’s playing some of the rarest records from Lebanon.
Most Viewed Posts
- Compiling My End Of Year Lists December 6, 2021
- Guitar as a Textural Device: Standard Tuning Slide | Eric Haugen Guitar December 5, 2021
- VINYL UPDATE 12-3-2021 December 3, 2021
- La Dura Complete: The Hardest Rock Climb In The World December 2, 2021
- DEEP DISCOG DIVE: Weezer December 1, 2021