Guest Mix: Brit-funk & Street Soul with Laani | My Analog Journal
Yet another video from My Analog Journal, this time featuring Brit-funk and sweet soul. As said best from the video: fusing her passion for nu-jazz, neo-soul, afro riddims, broken beat & house together, LAANI’s eclectic and hypnotic style brings nothing but vibes to any dance floor.
A regular face on the London nu-jazz and live music scene, Marketing/PR Manager at Brownswood Recordings as well as producer for Basement sessions and events. Also Stage Manager for Jazz Re:Fest since 2018.
With a diverse range of knowledge and beats in her bag, LAANI has been circulating the UK underground club scene, taking the controls at venues such as Oval Space, Corsica Studios, Colour Factory, Ronnie Scotts, The Jazz Cafe, and spinning at events for promoters like KOKO, Percolate Music, Heels & Souls, Faith Fanzine & Crack Magazine to name but a few. Festival lineups have included, We Out Here, Jazz Re:Fest & Field Day.
A passionate radio broadcaster, be sure to check her weekly residency ‘The FullJoy Experience’ show on Worldwide FM. LAANI has hosted many international shows in The Netherlands, France, and the USA as well as features on Jazz FM plus ‘Jazz & Tings’ in the archives, showcasing nu-jazz talent from different parts of the world with a twist of ‘Tings’ being LAANI’s penchant for alternative niche sound across the board.
Most Viewed Posts
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time (19,807)
- 25 Best Ambient Albums of All Time According to Reddit (6,051)
- Comparing Mixes: The Steve Albini Mix Of Nirvana’s All Apologies (5,022)
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz (4,672)
- Essential Music Review YouTube Channels (3,846)
- GREAT Turntables 2023 – Best Record Player for Beginners May 1, 2023
- Thom Yorke – After the Gold Rush March 1, 2023
- Best Albums Of 2023 So Far – February 2023 February 5, 2023
- The Joy Of Receiving Music Recommendations January 24, 2023
- Songs On Repeat January 16, 2023