Evolution of Post-Rock (1989 – 2017)
It’s fascinating to compare a specific genre over time, analyzing how it evolves like an ever-growing changing medium. Post-rock is one of the best genres to do so. A genre that’s described with a focus on exploring surfaces and resonance over traditional song structures, chords, or riffs.
Sv3rige has a great video highlighting the evolution of post-rock, showcasing one band per year (hence why it’s not possible to include every band possible when making this kind of video). Definitely give it a viewing, especially if you’re a fan of the genre. Even if you’re not, live a little!
I write for
I’m 24 from Buffalo, NY, and graduated from SUNY Buffalo State in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. I play guitar in SPACED and Funeral Coat. I write for OutOfShapeMusic (Owner) SadCarrotNews (Owner) Fiverr Freelance OnlinePhotographyTraining BestInPhotography The Golden Script Competition The Monthly Film Festival
The Lobster - We Only Play Electronic MusicAugust 27, 2022
Most Viewed Posts
- Give Yourself Permission to be Creative | Ethan Hawke September 19, 2022
- Snapcase Warped Tour 1997 Buffalo September 15, 2022
- In One – Sour Yellow State 7″ – 1993 | Music Recommendations September 10, 2022
- Foo Fighters ft. Shane Hawkins – My Hero | MTV September 5, 2022
- Live Music Recommendations #72 | Metallica – Ride the Lightning (Buffalo, NY – August 11, 2022) September 2, 2022