David Lynch: Whole Worlds Can Be Built with Sound
I’ve been watching a different David Lynch film over the last few days, causing me to have a deep appreciation for the filmmaker. Although film isn’t the primary focus of this website, sound and music are a significant portion of David Lynch’s work as ambient and other musical pieces catapult his films into making an audience feel some sort of emotional embodiment from the story.
Above is a video that compiles a few David Lynch interviews where he details the importance of sound, especially in film. His transition from being an artist to a filmmaker is an interesting one, as his films present a novel take on a storyline compared to most other filmmakers.
Most Viewed Posts
- What Would You Do Without Music? June 18, 2021
- Pink Floyd - Animals, alternative takes/demos June 18, 2021
- Radiohead – Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (Scotch Mist) June 16, 2021
- Ryo Fukui – My Favorite Tune (full album) June 15, 2021
- How Pink Floyd made The Wall album, tour, and film | Vinyl Rewind June 14, 2021