David Lynch: Whole Worlds Can Be Built with Sound
I’ve been watching a different David Lynch film over the last few days, causing me to have a deep appreciation for the filmmaker. Although film isn’t the primary focus of this website, sound and music are a significant portion of David Lynch’s work as ambient and other musical pieces catapult his films into making an audience feel some sort of emotional embodiment from the story.
Above is a video that compiles a few David Lynch interviews where he details the importance of sound, especially in film. His transition from being an artist to a filmmaker is an interesting one, as his films present a novel take on a storyline compared to most other filmmakers.
Most Viewed Posts
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021