5 Songs That’ll Make You Fall in Love With Post-Rock
I’ve been listening to a lot of post-rock lately, with bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mogwai, Slint, and many others being in a constant rotation on music playlists. I’m hoping to order a few post-rock records to add to my collection, as I have hardly any vinyl from the genre. I can go into a large sum of details concerning my love for the genre, but above is a much better video detailing 5 songs that’ll make you fall in love with post-rock.
Post-rock is defined as a genre that embodies experimental rock characterizations with a focus on exploring textures over traditional rock song structures, chords, or riffs. Post-rock artists are often instrumental, typically combining rock instrumentation with electronics. Although there are many fantastic hybrid post-rock groups, many of the more traditional bands in the genre are truly a trip to listen to.
1. We Lost The Sea – A Gallant Gentleman 00:00
2. Sleep Dealer – The Way Home 6:04
3. This Will Destroy You – Quiet 11:53
4. Explosions In The Sky – Your Hand In Mine 16:51
5. Do Make Say Think – Herstory of Glory 25:00
Music for the End of the World February 23, 2021
Most Viewed Posts
- Miles Davis Meets Thelonious Monk | Essential Jazz March 6, 2021
- Japanese Math Rock While Strategically Moving the Pawn March 5, 2021
- The Archive – The World’s Largest Record Collection March 4, 2021
- Post-Rock for Studying-Focusing March 3, 2021
- Guest Mix: Psychedelic Cumbia with Krishna Villar | My Analog Journal March 2, 2021