The Smashing Pumpkins – Return of the Gish Guitar
Recently, I discovered a video from The Smashing Pumpkins and Billy Corgan discussing the return of the Gish guitar. For those who don’t know, the Gish guitar was the primary guitar Corgan used in the early days of the Smashing Pumpkins and was the sound heard throughout their first full-length Gish. However, after a show in Detroit in 1992, someone stole the Gish guitar, causing Corgan to offer a $10,000 reward and later a $20,000 reward for anyone to return it.
With no luck and years passing, Corgan thought the guitar was gone forever, but always had an inclination that it might return to him someday. In 2019, someone contacted Corgan with knowledge on where the guitar was and he was able to have it back. After not seeing the guitar for more than 27 years, Corgan was reunited with the guitar that defined the early Smashing Pumpkins sound.
Is There a Better Band Than Nirvana?November 11, 2020
My Analog Journal's Process of Making a Vinyl Set Episode November 11, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Understanding Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral December 1, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #34 – PUP – Morbid Stuff (Full Live Concert) November 30, 2020
- Oud Masters on Vinyl | Vinyl Rewind November 29, 2020
- Cozy Christmas Coffee Shop Ambience with Smooth Jazz Christmas Music, Crackling Fire, & Cafe Sounds November 28, 2020
- The Last Thing You Hear Before You Die: Everywhere at the End of Time November 27, 2020