My Analog Journal’s Process of Making a Vinyl Set Episode
Lately, I’ve been listening to and watching a number of videos from My Analog Journal, an excellent channel to explore rare grooves from around the world. As far as discovering international music is concerned, this might be one of the best channels out there. If you find yourself wanting to explore music you almost most certainly never listened to before, this channel is a must.
The video above details the process of Zag Erlat behind My Analog Journal. It goes through the research, actually finding the records, recording it, shooting it, and releasing it. Zag did the video to answer all the frequently asked questions people might have on his process for video creating and to give some insight as well as some motivation and inspiration to record your own vinyl set episode.
Check the timestamps below, if you would like to jump to the topic that you’re interested to hear.
00:26 Online Digging: Finding Inspiration
02:42 Discogs: Finding Sellers
05:37 Unboxing, Cleaning
06:35 Labeling, Deciding What to Play, YouTube Copyright Check
08:15 Recording and Shooting the Episode
Most Viewed Posts
- Understanding Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral December 1, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #34 – PUP – Morbid Stuff (Full Live Concert) November 30, 2020
- Oud Masters on Vinyl | Vinyl Rewind November 29, 2020
- Cozy Christmas Coffee Shop Ambience with Smooth Jazz Christmas Music, Crackling Fire, & Cafe Sounds November 28, 2020
- The Last Thing You Hear Before You Die: Everywhere at the End of Time November 27, 2020