How Woodstock 99′ Erupted Into Chaos
If you know anything about some important aspects of music history, then you more than likely are aware of the utter chaos attached to Woodstock 99’. As great as festivals like this are for the longevity of live music, you can’t deny the truly awful details and stories from Woodstock 99’. Above, is a video that details how a peaceful performance in Rome, NY turned into insanity soon after.
So, what caused Woodstock ’99 to become such a low point in music history? The biggest issues attached to the matter were harsh summer heat, jacked-up prices, violent party crashers, and a lack of logistical oversight. When more than 220,000 people arrived in Oneida County that weekend, no one – especially the festival’s organizers – were prepared for what was about to happen. Be sure to watch the video above for a deeper analysis of this day in music history and what it means for the legacy of Woodstock.
Mac DeMarco and the Age of Indie Music During the Digital AgeOctober 30, 2020
Vinyl Rewind's Spooky Soundtracks by Waxwork Records October 30, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Understanding Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral December 1, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #34 – PUP – Morbid Stuff (Full Live Concert) November 30, 2020
- Oud Masters on Vinyl | Vinyl Rewind November 29, 2020
- Cozy Christmas Coffee Shop Ambience with Smooth Jazz Christmas Music, Crackling Fire, & Cafe Sounds November 28, 2020
- The Last Thing You Hear Before You Die: Everywhere at the End of Time November 27, 2020