Mac DeMarco and the Age of Indie Music During the Digital Age
Roughly a year ago, PBS NewsHour did a story on Mac DeMarco and his ability to be a successful Indie artist during the digital age. The modern medium for achieving music success is constantly changing, with many feeling captive to the technological landscape behind music promotion. Still, the modern era hasn’t stopped an artist like Mac DeMarco from achieving the success he’s had.
Although the news documentary above is a bit more dated toward the news side of things, it’s still a great piece on how DeMarco got to where he is. It’s interesting to see how someone dubbed the laid-back prince of Indie can achieve the amount of success he’s had today. From my perspective, talent will always burst forward, no matter how much the digital age takes over from the traditional sense.
Most Viewed Posts
- Understanding Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral December 1, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #34 – PUP – Morbid Stuff (Full Live Concert) November 30, 2020
- Oud Masters on Vinyl | Vinyl Rewind November 29, 2020
- Cozy Christmas Coffee Shop Ambience with Smooth Jazz Christmas Music, Crackling Fire, & Cafe Sounds November 28, 2020
- The Last Thing You Hear Before You Die: Everywhere at the End of Time November 27, 2020