Live Music Recommendations #25 – Lianne La Havas: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert
On a previous Live Music Recommendation, I discussed the significance of Lianne La Havas and her sonically R&B innovative self-titled 2020 release that is up on my list for album of the year. To be fair, I didn’t discover La Havas until this latest record release, but I’ve always heard about how great her NPR performance from 2015 was.
Today, I finally remember to give the concert a viewing, and I wish I did sooner. This short three-track set is a perfect representation of how La Havas combined her raw live energy into her latest record from a previous effort. It’s always magnificent to see how an artist grows but to especially go back and see how they were as an artist a few years prior. Give this one a viewing, you won’t be disappointed.
“What You Don’t Do” 00:00
Most Viewed Posts
- The 25th Anniversary of Smashing Pumpkin’s ‘Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’ October 25, 2020
- Sound Field On How to Get a 10 From The Needle Drop October 24, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #29 – American Football: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert October 23, 2020
- BROCKHAMPTON On ‘GINGER,’ Shia LaBeouf and What Inspired “DEARLY DEPARTED” October 22, 2020
- 5 Of The Best Experimental Jazz Albums October 21, 2020