The Postal Service Tease Fans By “Auditioning” Weird Al, Slash, Huey Lewis, Anne Hathaway, and More
The Postal Service teased fans on Twitter yesterday on October 6th by posting a video with the caption: “Your meeting will begin tomorrow.” Today, the duo of Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello along with collaborator Jenny Lewis have posted a 19-minute video of zoom “auditions” for adding another member to the group. Auditioners in the video include “Weird Al” Yankovic, Big Freedia, Huey Lewis, Tunde Adebimpe, Japanese Breakfast, Slash, Duff McKagan, J Mascis, and Anne Hathaway.
The full video is above and was directed by Tom Scharpling, while the fake auditions were filmed as part of the initiative from Headcount’s Make Your Vote Count campaign. The group’s 2003 release, Give Up, was critically acclaimed and became certified platinum, prompting fans to patiently wait for another full-length for over 17 years. Since then, the group released a live album titled Everything Will Change in 2014, as well as two EPs, Such Great Heights in 2001 two years prior, and We Will Become Silhouettes in 2005 two years after. With the recent announcement, many are hoping for new music to be on the way from The Postal Service.
Most Viewed Posts
- The 25th Anniversary of Smashing Pumpkin’s ‘Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’ October 25, 2020
- Sound Field On How to Get a 10 From The Needle Drop October 24, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #29 – American Football: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert October 23, 2020
- BROCKHAMPTON On ‘GINGER,’ Shia LaBeouf and What Inspired “DEARLY DEPARTED” October 22, 2020
- 5 Of The Best Experimental Jazz Albums October 21, 2020