Japanese Jazz to Check Out While Driving On A Warm Night
As niche as this website likes to get from time to time, how about we further along with these niche topics by discussing Japanese Jazz to check out while driving on a warm night. With cooler months approaching, the warm nights might be over for most of us, but it makes it for an intriguing matter no matter what.
Nevertheless, I stumbled upon this video that features a compilation of Japanese Jazz artists, many of which I haven’t heard of before. This 50-minute compilation is fantastic and has an abundance of truly phenomenal Jazz to listen to. It’s always fascinating to take a deep dive into a genre you’re not entirely familiar with.
As much as I love Jazz, I will admit that I’m a bit ignorant of Jazz outside of the United States. To my own pleasant surprise, this compilation was a nice awakening to the world of Japanese Jazz and I’ll definitely take a more in-depth look at the genre. Give the compilation a listen and see how you dig it yourself.
(00:00) Jiro Inagaki & Soul Media – Breeze
(04:29) Indigo Jam Unit – Adrenaline
(08:41) Hiroshi Suzuki – Shrimp Dance
(14:18) Soil & “Pimp” Sessions – In The Twilight
(21:00) PRIMITIVE ART ORCHESTRA – qualia
(24:20) Ryo Kawasaki – Sweet Tears
(31:42) Hiromasa Suzuki – Gentle wave
(37:19) Kiyoshi Sugimoto – Babylonia Wind
The Genius of Ryo Fukui October 5, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- The Beautifully Strange World of Outsider Music | Alfo Media January 15, 2021
- ALBUM HIGHLIGHT: Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band – Trout Mask Replica January 14, 2021
- Daughters – What’s In My Bag? | Amoeba January 13, 2021
- Japanese Jazz on Vinyl with Yemeksepeti Banabi | My Analog Journal January 12, 2021
- Artists Anthony Fantano Wants to Have a Big 2021 January 11, 2021