Gorillaz Release ‘The Pink Phantom’ Featuring Elton John and 6LACK
It’s not every day that you see a track featuring legendary songwriter and pianist Elton John with hip-hop artist 6LACK, but the Gorillaz latest track The Pink Phantom features both. The Pink Phantom is the latest track from alternative rock and electropop superstars Gorillaz. This release is a part of their current string of releases tied to their upcoming record Machine Season One: Strange Timez.
Commenting on the release, Elton John said: Damon reached out and asked me to do something and the way the song has turned out is just great. I was in the studio in London and he was at the other end in Devon, but even remotely it was such an engaging and creative process. I’ve always loved Damon because he encompasses so many different sorts of music. He has his fingers in so many pies and although he’s achieved so much, he never sits still creatively. He’s constantly pushing forward and embracing the new, which is admirable and rare. He’s always working — he’s always doing something. He’s done so much to promote music from around the world, from Africa, from China, that people hadn’t previously heard and I really admire that. I’ve always been a Gorillaz fan anyway, so when he asked me to do a Gorillaz track — it was a no brainer. I’m so very, very happy that that’s come about.
Song Machine: Season One is out 10/23 on Parlophone.
Most Viewed Posts
- The 25th Anniversary of Smashing Pumpkin’s ‘Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’ October 25, 2020
- Sound Field On How to Get a 10 From The Needle Drop October 24, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #29 – American Football: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert October 23, 2020
- BROCKHAMPTON On ‘GINGER,’ Shia LaBeouf and What Inspired “DEARLY DEPARTED” October 22, 2020
- 5 Of The Best Experimental Jazz Albums October 21, 2020