St. Vincent – Guitar Moves (Noisey)
Anne Clark, known onstage as St. Vincent, is an incredible songwriter, vocalist, and guitarist who first drew my attention with her performance with Nirvana during their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction from 2014. The group led by St. Vincent performed Lithium together and it was one of the best performances I’ve seen from a Hall of Fame induction.
Above is a video from Noisey’s Guitar Moves series that features an interview about St. Vincent’s guitar playing with Clark herself and Matt Sweeney. It’s a fascinating video that takes a deep dive into how Clark manages to get otherworldly sounds from her guitar while going over a brief history of how she got into it in the first place. Be sure to check out the video and watch the various other episodes from Guitar Moves featuring Matt Sweeney and his discussion with guitarists and other information related to guitar playing.
The Joy of the Guitar Riff - My Bloody Valentine / Kevin ShieldsSeptember 17, 2020
Live Music Recommendations #20 – Code Orange – Under the Skin September 17, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Mac DeMarco and the Age of Indie Music During the Digital Age October 29, 2020
- The Parts You Don’t Hear – Nick Drake October 28, 2020
- Vinyl Rewind’s Top Ten Albums of 1969 October 27, 2020
- Concerts Return to a Sense of Normalcy in New Zealand October 26, 2020
- The 25th Anniversary of Smashing Pumpkin’s ‘Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’ October 25, 2020