Buffalo Bills Football and UK Rap Records to Check Out
Buffalo Bills football is finally here! As sorrowful and wasteful this year has been, at least we have football in its fullness to distract us from this world we live in. As much as I am a geek for music and film, I am a hardcore Bills, Yankees, and Sabres fan. Unfortunately, the Sabres have only broken my heart over the last several years, making my love for them dwindle down (please just make the playoffs). While the Yankees have had an up and down year with injuries and inconsistency.
Meanwhile, the Buffalo Bills are back and I can’t be more excited to watch a season of football. As long as everyone can stay safe from the ongoing pandemic, it’ll be a nice change of pace every Sunday. However, this isn’t a sports blog, nor do I ever have any interest in becoming a sports writer. Not really sure why I’m writing about football right now, but what does it matter?
For a weird combination of topics, I’d like to recommend a few UK rap records I’ve recently discovered. What do the Buffalo Bills and UK rap records have in common? Absolutely nothing, but who cares, there aren’t any rules with this meaningless life we’re all living in! That might be a bit too dismal, but again, who cares!
UK rap and hip-hop is a fascinating area of music, given that in the US we’re not too familiar with the rap scene in the UK. Regardless of this, these records are very good and I highly recommend taking a deep dive into the UK rap and hip-hop scene. You never know what kind of records you can discover if you venture out of the mainstream of your own home country.
Great UK Rap and Hip-Hop Albums
The Streets – Original Pirate Material (2002)
Slowthai – Nothing Great About Britain (2019)
Little Simz – Grey Area (2019)
Digable Planets – Reachin’ (A New Refutation of Time and Space)’ (1993)
Kojaque – Deli Daydreams (2018)
Most Viewed Posts
- Phoebe Bridgers & Lars Ulrich on Napster, Trent Reznor Screams | Musicians on Musicians November 24, 2020
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time November 23, 2020
- Tom Green’s Cross Country Venture of Creating Ambient Music, Podcasting, Photography, and Videography in a Decked-Out Van with his Dog Charley November 22, 2020
- Julian Casablancas and Andrew Yang Talk Universal Income and Democratic Reforms November 21, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #33 – Daniel Caesar: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert November 20, 2020