Music Recommendations #13
It’s come to my realization that I haven’t posted a music recommendation in quite some time. Whether you’ve been reading along or not, I do enjoy recommending various records and singles to people. Lately, I’ve been taking a music listening trance to some records I enjoyed from my adolescence.
It’s always fun to go back and listen to records you previously used to ingest on a daily basis. Our music tastes tend to change as we age, whether it’s for better or worst, it’s an aspect of humanity. Of course, some people are more of a normie’ than others, but for the most part, our music tastes tend to evolve. Nevertheless, these are three artists I think you’ll get quite a bit of enjoyment out of. If you’re interested in listening to or buying any of the records or tracks listed below, click on the title of one for a direct link to Amazon.
Silkskin is a new buffalo based vibe rock band reminiscent of bands like Turnover and Gleemer. Anything related to the shoegaze realm tends to interest me, especially given that I have a strong passion for guitar pedals.
Same Side is a psychedelic folk-rock EP from Kevin Geyer, guitarist of The Story So Far. Same Side’s debut EP is vastly different from TTSF and is a nice change of pace from the Pure Noise Label.
Many know Daughters today for their intense performances and breathtakingly chilling record of You Won’t Get What You Want. Canada Songs is Daughters first record from 2003 when the group was more of a mathcore and grindcore band. It’s a challenging listen from a vocal perspective, but as a whole, it’s a very intriguing record filled with musical complexities, intenseness, and the early stages of what Daughters would become.
All Links Shown Are Affiliate Links.
Pad Chennington's Top 13 Disturbing Albums on the InternetSeptember 8, 2020
The Inventors of Post Rock: Talk Talk September 8, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Phoebe Bridgers & Lars Ulrich on Napster, Trent Reznor Screams | Musicians on Musicians November 24, 2020
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time November 23, 2020
- Tom Green’s Cross Country Venture of Creating Ambient Music, Podcasting, Photography, and Videography in a Decked-Out Van with his Dog Charley November 22, 2020
- Julian Casablancas and Andrew Yang Talk Universal Income and Democratic Reforms November 21, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #33 – Daniel Caesar: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert November 20, 2020