Live Music Recommendations #17 – Daughters – Live in The K! Pit (2019)
Noise rock and experimental music, in general, has always fascinated me with the boundaries bands in the genres are willing to go. In 2018, my love for this genre became even stronger after my discovery of the band Daughters.
Daughters has been around since 2002, originally starting out as a math and grindcore group that created some intense and compelling music. In 2018, the group released You Won’t Get What You Want, a noise, industrial, and experimental rock record that immediately interested me upon my first listen.
It’s eerie, intense, brutal, and a twisted sense of beauty with incredibly lyrical themes and ideas from vocalist Alexis S.F. Marshall. For this installment of Live Music Recommendations, I decided to feature a performance by Daughters from 2019 at the K! Pit.
It’s an immaculate performance that demonstrates everything there is to love about Daughters from Marshall’s nice-guy version of GG Allin, to the complex yet brutal music from the rest of the group. It’s an incredible show and I can’t recommend Daughters enough.
The Role of Music in FilmsSeptember 3, 2020
Temple Of Music - Independent Music from Western New York - 1996 September 3, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- 5 Essential Mathcore Albums September 20, 2020
- The Making Of Childish Gambino’s “Redbone” With Ludwig Göransson | Deconstructed September 19, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #20 – Code Orange – Under the Skin September 18, 2020
- St. Vincent – Guitar Moves (Noisey) September 17, 2020
- The Joy of the Guitar Riff – My Bloody Valentine / Kevin Shields September 16, 2020