Henry Rollins – What’s In My Bag?
One of my favorite YouTube series is Amoeba’s What’s In My Bag? For those who don’t know, the award-winning series features artists and various celebrities sharing what they found shopping at Amoeba. Basically, it’s a music recommendation tied into finding out what people dig music-wise.
Amoeba is a legendary music store located in Los Angeles, California. Since opening in 1990, Amoeba garnished a major following for being the largest independent record store in the world. What’s In My Bag? has been shot and put on YouTube since the early days of the site in 2008.
Recently, I found an interesting episode featuring Henry Rollins. As I’ve talked about in previous articles, Rollins is a fascinating character for his prolific work ethic with music, writing, and traveling; three elements I hold near and dear to my life.
Definitely check out this episode with Rollins and take a deep dive into the various other episodes of What’s In My Bag? There are countless episodes available, many of which you’ll find very interesting. Plus, you’ll find a number of gem music recommendations during it all.
Entrails – Hidden Skull (CD)
J Mascis – Several Shades of Why (CD)
Hive Mind & Luasa Raelon – Night Maintenance (CD)
Hive Mind – Death Tone (CD)
Kaoru Abe – Winter 1972 (CD)
Jokers – Iran’s Lost Psychedelic (CD)
Most Viewed Posts
- Live Music Recommendations #20 – Code Orange – Under the Skin September 18, 2020
- St. Vincent – Guitar Moves (Noisey) September 17, 2020
- The Joy of the Guitar Riff – My Bloody Valentine / Kevin Shields September 16, 2020
- In Conversation with Thurston Moore | The Great Escape Festival 2019 | Fender September 15, 2020
- 5 Essential Shoegaze Albums September 14, 2020