Great Indie Acoustic Albums
The pair of indie and acoustic seem to go together more than anything else. It’s always interesting to look at a specific genre of music and recommend a few key records from it. If you’re interested in listening to or purchasing any of the records listed below, click on the title of one for a direct link to Amazon.
As always with any of my recommendations, these aren’t necessarily the greatest albums in the genre but are worth checking out. Keep in mind, there are plenty of other indie acoustic albums to look into. Nevertheless, let’s take a look.
The elegant and intimate Elliott Smith is arguably the greatest acoustic figure from the 1990s acoustic scene. Either / Or is Smith’s most notable record and rightfully so. Be sure to dive through Smith’s discography to keep his memory alive.
I’ve recently discovered Phil Everum with his project The Microphones and took a deep dive into his other work under Mount Eerie. Many have a difficult time with A Crow Looked at Me since it discusses subject matter regarding the passing of Elverum’s wife Geneviève Castré. As great of a record it is, be cognizant of the emotional ties attached to the album.
Many know Bright Eyes for their track First Day of My Life, but aside from the mainstream success the track brought, I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning is an immaculate folk-rock record. Definitely dive through Bright Eyes to appreciate their lengthy list of records over the years.
Damien Rice has been involved in the indie rock and folk scene since the 1990s. Of Rice’s discography, his 2003 release O is a lengthy record worth checking out from the indie acoustic spectrum.
All Links Shown Are Affiliate Links.
The Highest Paid Musicians of 2019August 23, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Phoebe Bridgers & Lars Ulrich on Napster, Trent Reznor Screams | Musicians on Musicians November 24, 2020
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time November 23, 2020
- Tom Green’s Cross Country Venture of Creating Ambient Music, Podcasting, Photography, and Videography in a Decked-Out Van with his Dog Charley November 22, 2020
- Julian Casablancas and Andrew Yang Talk Universal Income and Democratic Reforms November 21, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #33 – Daniel Caesar: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert November 20, 2020