Music Recommendations #12
Another day of weariness has gone by, which means a list of digestible music has occurred. Speaking for myself, I listened to a number of interesting tracks and records that intrigued me quite a bit.
Depending on my mood, I either stick with a specific genre throughout a week or am all over the place. Lately, I’ve been all over the place with the various artists I listened to.
As always, if you’re interested in listening to or buying one of the records or tracks below, click on the title of one for a direct link to amazon. Keep in mind, these aren’t the only records or tracks I listened to throughout the week, just a few random recommendations I think are worth noting.
Steven Ellison, known primarily as Flying Lotus, hit near-perfection with his 2014 release You’re Dead!. Implementing elements of electronica, lo-fi, and hip-hop, Ellison has emerged as one of the most experimental producers in the Rap scene. Featuring a number of prominent figures in the rap game such as Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg, You’re Dead! is a remarkable piece of music from start to finish.
I go back and forth on which Cure record is my favorite, but their 1992 release Wish is certainly up there. The melancholy drive with catchy hooks is everything to love about The Cure and Wish unmitigated those elements. The first chord of the opening track Open demonstrates the precise state that’s embodied throughout the record.
Give Up is the only release from collaborative project, The Postal Service, between Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie and electronica artist Jimmy Tamborello. Although the duo only released one record, it’s an extraordinary and innovative piece of music that reached near-perfection.
All Links Shown Are Affiliate Links.
An Introduction to Ambient and Drone MusicAugust 8, 2020
New Music Releases - August 3rd to August 9th, 2020 August 8, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Phoebe Bridgers & Lars Ulrich on Napster, Trent Reznor Screams | Musicians on Musicians November 24, 2020
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time November 23, 2020
- Tom Green’s Cross Country Venture of Creating Ambient Music, Podcasting, Photography, and Videography in a Decked-Out Van with his Dog Charley November 22, 2020
- Julian Casablancas and Andrew Yang Talk Universal Income and Democratic Reforms November 21, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #33 – Daniel Caesar: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert November 20, 2020