Live Music Recommendations #10 – Blind Melon – Live Woodstock ’94
Blind Melon, one of the most popular bands from the 1990s came to an unfortunate demise after their lead singer, Shannon Hood, died in 1995. Outside of their mainstream success with songs like No Rain and Change, the group had an interesting sound crossed between alternative rock, grunge, and neo-psychedelia.
This concert features Blind Melon live from the infamous Woodstock ‘94. The concert showcases everything to love about Blind Melon from catchy hooks, acid-trip length jams, and a soul-crushing performance by Shannon Hood.
It’s a shame when an artist dies, especially at such a young age. Although it’s always disheartening to look at Blind Melon and wonder what could’ve come if Hood had never died, at least we have their past discography to appreciate. Nonetheless, listen to Blind Melon’s discography and definitely check out this live show.
An Introduction to Ambient and Drone Music August 6, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Live Music Recommendations #20 – Code Orange – Under the Skin September 18, 2020
- St. Vincent – Guitar Moves (Noisey) September 17, 2020
- The Joy of the Guitar Riff – My Bloody Valentine / Kevin Shields September 16, 2020
- In Conversation with Thurston Moore | The Great Escape Festival 2019 | Fender September 15, 2020
- 5 Essential Shoegaze Albums September 14, 2020