Live Music Recommendations #9 – Nirvana – Live at the Paramount (1991)
What better band to recommend for a Live Music Recommendation than Nirvana? One of my personal favorites from the 1990s, Nirvana’s legendary performance at the Paramount in 1991 is a must-watch for any Nirvana or music fan in general.
The group has a great set-list featuring some of their best b-sides including an opening cover of Jesus Don’t Want Me for a Sunbeam by The Vaselines and a later rendition of Love Buzz by Shocking Blue. Any band that can strive away from their massive hits with b-side performances features an interesting music quality to me.
It’s a shame Nirvana only had three records, but at least their catalog is as prominent as it is for us to digest. In Utero will forever be one of my favorite records in existence. If you haven’t already, watch this live performance and listen to the group’s entire discography, they’re a legendary band for a reason.
The Modern Wave of Reimagined MusicAugust 4, 2020
How the Music Community is Being Affected by the Pandemic August 4, 2020
Most Viewed Posts
- Phoebe Bridgers & Lars Ulrich on Napster, Trent Reznor Screams | Musicians on Musicians November 24, 2020
- Anthony Fantano’s List of the 55 Best Rappers of All Time November 23, 2020
- Tom Green’s Cross Country Venture of Creating Ambient Music, Podcasting, Photography, and Videography in a Decked-Out Van with his Dog Charley November 22, 2020
- Julian Casablancas and Andrew Yang Talk Universal Income and Democratic Reforms November 21, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #33 – Daniel Caesar: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert November 20, 2020