Live Music Recommendations #8 – Rush – Live in Rio 2003
As far as rock and progressive rock music are concerned, it’s hard to find a better group than Rush. Since Neil Peart’s passing in January this year, I found myself diving back into Rush’s discography. Considering they were one of my favorite bands growing up, it was nostalgic and a breathe of familiar air, to say the least.
This Live Music Recommendation features a performance by Rush in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from their Vapor Trails tour in 2003. From an energy perspective, this is one of the best crowds I’ve ever seen at a Rush concert. Aside from the crowd, the group kills it as usual.
YYZ and La Villa Strangiato are my favorite tracks from this show and it’s a reminder of how incredible the group was. Definitely give it a watch and listen to Rush’s discography if you haven’t already.
Most Viewed Posts
- BROCKHAMPTON On ‘GINGER,’ Shia LaBeouf and What Inspired “DEARLY DEPARTED” October 22, 2020
- 5 Of The Best Experimental Jazz Albums October 21, 2020
- Live Music Recommendations #28 – Miley Cyrus – Live from Whisky a Go Go October 20, 2020
- A Closer Look At Radiohead’s Kid A October 19, 2020
- How Pink Floyd Made Animals | Vinyl Rewind October 18, 2020